Find A Pet
Find a Pet is a pet adoption mobile app that help users finding available pets in their local areas. The app intends to simplify the complexity of the adoption process and provides easy access to pets information.
- Being able to set up the filter when the user enters the app the first time, and know how to modify the filter when they need to.
- Being able to browse through the pets without any difficulties.
- Being able to find the events where they can meet the pet without any difficulties.
- Being able to find the contact information of the pet without any difficulties.
Sketches and Paper Prototype
Paper prototyping is an easy and cheap way to test the design idea on users. For the first round of user testing, I used paper prototyping to test on users and collect feedbacks from them.
- Overall, users think it is very easy to find how to meet & how to find the contact information about the pet they like.
- Only 1 out of 5 users notices the first 3 questions are multiple choices because of buttons are not obvious enough for multiple selections.
Possible Solution: Using a slider or checkboxes instead of buttons.
- Users complaint about no visual indications(affordances) on the landing page, which should tells them swiping to the left allows them to navigate the pets.
Possible solution: Add strong affordances and visual indicators on the landing page and display instruction of swipe gesture and its functionality for first time user.
- 4 out of 5 users don't use the button “fav me” ("favorite me" will be a heart-shaped icon in the final design instead of using the label)
Possible solution: Need to be tested with the icon instead of word “fav me” to get more accurate feedbacks and conclusions.
Two digital prototypes are created in Axure for testing. The first prototype is in greyscale, which helps the user to focus on navigation and content.
The second prototype revises the issues found in the first prototype. Also, colors and icons are included to show how the end product looks like.