Folding bikes is a trendy pedal-driven vehicle that encourages health lifestyles and provides convenient transportation solution in urban areas. The original site I visited
allows user to customize their bikes in 12 steps, however it does not deliver a pleasant experience. The new design intends to address the existing issues and deliver a delightful experience.
- Engage the user in the customization process by creating a fun and intuitive experience
- Create a modern, stylish and clean look and feel that represents the personality of the folding bike
- Make the information more readable and clear to the user by simplifying and reorganizing the content.
The target audiences are identified through an audience researched that illustrates the demographics of bike riders in U.S. The advantages of using a folding bike including environmental, economical and societal aspects.
- Primary Audience: Women, Age 20 – 64, Middle Class
- Secondary Audience: Women, Age 18 – 60, Middle Class
- Education Level: High School
- Tech Comfort Level: Computers
- Other Products Used: E-commerce websites
Sketches & Wireframes
A lot of sketches and wireframes are created before the visual design. The chosen approach is that the bike should be displayed and it should constantly informs and reminds the user the look and features of the bike without feeling getting lost on the site. The steps should also be clearly displayed to allow users understand their current location and progress of the customization. A short description of the functionality should help users understand what are they choosing.